Mary E. Lightner papers
Mary E. Lightner papers
Handwritten originals and photocopies of correspondence, autobiographies, speeches, articles, patriarchal blessings, histories, and a statement relating to her marriage to Joseph Smith. The correspondents include Apostles in the Mormon Church and many promient Mormon women. Some of the originals are found in the Historical Department of the L.D.S. (Mormon) Church in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Extent: 30 folders (3 linear ft.)
- Creator: Lightner, Mary E. (Mary Elizabeth), 1818-1913
- Call Number: Vault MSS 363
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: Vault MSS 363; Mary E. Lightner papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: Vault MSS 363, LTPSC.
- Other Finding Aids
- Item-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/VMSS363.xml
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Apostles--Correspondence; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Presidents--History; Lightner, Mary E. (Mary Elizabeth), 1818-1913; Lightner, Mary E. (Mary Elizabeth), 1818-1913--Archives; Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844; Religion; Mormon women--Correspondence; Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church)--History; Polygamy--Religious aspects--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--History
- Genre / Form
- Articles; Autobiographies; Histories; Letters; Photocopies; Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Lightner (Mary E.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Leslie Evens
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-08-05T10:29-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon woman and plural wife of Joseph Smith, the first president of the Mormon Church.
comments powered by Disqus