John D. Lee diary
John D. Lee diary
Handwritten diary with a typed copy of the item. Lee kept this diary while serving in Tennessee as a missionary for the Mormon Church. Lee writes about his experiences as a missionary, the people with whom he stayed, the distances he travelled, and the debates he held with local ministers. He also includes poems, illustrations, and some genealogical notes.
- Extent: 2 folders (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Lee, John D. (John Doyle), 1812-1877
- Call Number: Vault MSS 449
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from John D. Lee diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: Vault MSS 449; John D. Lee diary; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: Vault MSS 449, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormons--Tennessee--History--Sources; Tennessee--Description and travel; Mormon Church--Missions--Tennessee--History; Lee, John D. (John Doyle), 1812-1877; Lee, John D. (John Doyle), 1812-1877--Diaries
- Genre / Form
- Diaries; Electronic books
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Lee (John D.) diary
- Finding Aid Author
- Leslie Evens
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-02-24 09:01:57 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Biographical / Historical
John D. Lee (1812-1877) was a Mormon missionary and colonizer. He was executed for his participation in the Mountain Meadows Massacre.
comments powered by Disqus