Louisa May Alcott papers
Louisa May Alcott papers
Handwritten and signed correspondence of Louisa May Alcott and her sister, May Alcott Nieriker and various other family members and writers. The letters are of both a private and professional nature, and discuss social engagements, familial affairs, writing schedules, and upcoming publications. Also included are two portraits, a sound recording with transcript of a radio adaptation of "Little Women," the poem recording with transcript of a radio adaption of "Little Women," the poem "Lines to a Robin," and the short story "A Free Bed." Also included are various other writings by Alcott.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Alcott, Louisa May, 1832-1888. -- Alcott, May, 1840-1879
- Call Number: Vault MSS 503
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- The copyright of this collection rests with the Estate of Theresa W. Pratt and the Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Permission from the Curator of Archives and Manuscripts is necessary to publish any item in its entirety.
- Related Titles: Free bed. Lines to a robin. Bitterest drop. Brothers. My contraband. To father. Jack and Jull. St. Nicholas.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: Vault MSS 503; Louisa May Alcott papers; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: Vault MSS 503, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- The documents in this collection were not acquired as one unit but have been gradually collected as individual items became available at auction and from dealers between 1978 and 1991.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/VMSS503.xml
- Subject Terms
- Alcott family--Correspondence; Alcott, Louisa May, 1832-1888--Correspondence; Alcott, May, 1840-1879--Correspondence; Material Types; Women artists--United States--Biography--Sources; Women artists--United States--Correspondence; Women authors, American--Biography--Sources; Women authors, American--Correspondence
- Genre / Form
- American poetry--19th century; Audiocassettes; Drafts (Documents); Letters; Photocopies; Portraits; Typescripts
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Alcott (Louisa May) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Leslie Evens
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-08-05T10:41-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
American poet, novelist, and short story writer best known for her classic "Little Women."
comments powered by Disqus