Handwritten legal answer filed on Sept. 4, 1871. The answer is part of a law suit with Sarah Ann Cooke as plaintiff and Brigham Young as defendant. The document is signed by Young and involves monetary debts.
- Extent: 1 item (6 pages)
- Creator: Utah
- Call Number: Vault MSS 709
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Legal answer must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: Vault MSS 709; Legal answer; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: Vault MSS 709, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Cooke, Sarah Ann; Young, Brigham, 1801-1877; Civil Procedure and Courts; Law--Utah--History; Politics, Government, and Law
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Legal answer
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Leslie Evens
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-12-08T04:20-0700
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus