Francis M. Lyman papers
Francis M. Lyman papers
Francis M. Lyman Papers include eleven (11) items, ranging in date from 1873-1936. Contains manuscript writings of Thomas Callister, Volney L. King, Francis M. Lyman, Richard R. Lyman, and Susan Delilah Callister Lyman. The collection also includes a typed copy of a proclamation written by the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in 1845.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.08 linear feet)
- Creator: King, Volney Leroy, 1847-1925. -- Lyman, Francis M. (Francis Marion), 1840-1916
- Call Number: Vault MSS 794
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open to public access.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Francis M. Lyman papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: Vault MSS 794; Francis M. Lyman papers; 19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts collection; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: Vault MSS 794, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These items were donated to Special Collections in 2001.
- Acquisition Information
- Donation; Lyndon W. Cook; 2001.
- Related Material
- These items are part of the 19th Century Western and Mormon Americana Archives.
- Subject Terms
- England; Salt Lake City (Utah)
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Manuscripts; Proclamations
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Lyman (Francis M.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Lucy Brimhall
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-10-20T04:22-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Francis M. Lyman was born on January 12, 1840, in Illinois. He was married to Rhoda A. Taylor on November 18, 1857, and they had nine children. On October 4, 1869, Lyman married Clara C. Callister. They had seven children together. Lyman later married Susan Delilah Callister, on October 9, 1884, and they had six children. Lyman worked as a farmer, miller, and businessman for several companies. He served a mission in England from 1860 to 1862, a "home mission" to Millard County in 1872, and again in England from 1873 to 1875. On October 27, 1880, he was ordained as an Apostle. As an apostle he served on the Sunday School General Board, as temple president of the Salt Lake Temple, on the General Board of Education and on the Church Literature Revision Committee. Francis M. Lyman died on November 18, 1916, in Salt Lake City, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus